Thursday, April 19, 2012

Does anyone know which mod is doing this?

After the last patch and the patch-lets that followed it, I had to do a lot of reinstalling of mods. One pleasing result of this is that on my game on this computer, my characters now have a couple of bars showing HP, Mana, all sorts of things, just tiny ones in mid-screen. Very useful and I like it. The puzzling thing is that my husband has exactly the same mods on his game on his computer but this little thing has not showed up. I had a look at all that I've got and can't figure out what's producing it. Any suggestions, please?|||As a suggestion, try disabling your mods 1 by 1 until you find the mod that puts it on the screen and then check his settings against yours.|||Quote:








As a suggestion, try disabling your mods 1 by 1 until you find the mod that puts it on the screen and then check his settings against yours.




Thanks. You're right. Guess I'm just lazy and hoped I could do it the easy way.|||Also, if you could post a SS of the item in question, it makes it easier for others to identify|||Quote:








Also, if you could post a SS of the item in question, it makes it easier for others to identify




Tried several times and couldn't get it to take a screenshot. I think I asked here once how to take screenshots (I've forgotten what I was told, yesterday asked a guildie but his suggestion didn't work) but a search of the forum didn't turn anything up. Guess I'll just do the 'disable all mods and see what happens' thing.|||Print Screen (or Prt Sc on the top right your keyboard somewhere) will save a screenie to your /World of Warcraft/screenshots/ folder.

couple of suggestions what it might be off the top of my head (probably all wrong)

a HUD of some sort like MetaHUD?

Targets cast bars in Quartz?

Extra unitframes in Pitbull?

Like i say, probably all wrong but just throwing ideas out there|||Quote:








Print Screen (or Prt Sc on the top right your keyboard somewhere) will save a screenie to your /World of Warcraft/screenshots/ folder.

couple of suggestions what it might be off the top of my head (probably all wrong)

a HUD of some sort like MetaHUD?

Targets cast bars in Quartz?

Extra unitframes in Pitbull?

Like i say, probably all wrong but just throwing ideas out there




Thanks very much, but I don't have those addons. And Print Screen key does nothing. I seem to remember something when I asked before about the 'z' key and (maybe) Alt, but am not sure and no combination of those or other keys worked either.|||Finally got four screenshots, but can 't figure out how to post one. I did a search of the forum for 'paste screenshot' and 'copy screenshot' but got nothing helpful. I did copy the screenshot, but there it sits.|||You have to upload the screenshot to a file hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack

I prefer imageshack because it won't scale down your picture like photobucket.

Then you post a link to the picture on these forums|||Quote:








You have to upload the screenshot to a file hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack

I prefer imageshack because it won't scale down your picture like photobucket.

Then you post a link to the picture on these forums




OK, thanks, I'll see what I can do. Probably not before tomorrow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment