Saturday, April 21, 2012

is this mod quest helper or not :S

Right i could put money on the fact that when i first got QH (Quest helper), there was a arrow thing that was at the top of the screen, and underneth the arrow it said how many yards to go for the nearest quest.

I load up my game today after a while of not playing, updated all the addons

and this doesnt seem to exist anymore....

can anyone tell me how to get this arrow thing back...because i wanna level my dk, but theres no way im doing it without quest helper.|||There was never a mod (As far as I know) that had that option. That was in Guild Wars, as far as I remember.|||i has proof hold on ill link what i mean......
|||You'll have an arrow at the minimap aswell as points marked in your world map. I think that arrow is something that's disabled by default or been removed of some reason. It definatly belongs to QH, I've disabled it because I didn't like the extra space it used as my interface was filled already.try checking the command list. I'd gues it's called something like Pointer or something with that. If you don't find it, I'd bet it's removed.|||thats TomTom.|||There's actually a mod called "TomTom" that seriously does that? Come on, questhelper is easy enough... That's a bit ridiculous IMO.|||i dont know tom tom, but that arrow is exactly the same in questhelper.

the ingame command to display it would be "/qh hide" or something.

But i would advise you to get Carbonite. Much better addon.|||Quote:








thats TomTom.




Looks more like Quest Helper to me. But there are more mods with this functionality.|||I remember the big red 3d quest helper arrow too. I think it was removed from the defaults in the more recent updates since BC. I bet if you search through the console commands you might be able to find it.|||Quote:








Right i could put money on the fact that when i first got QH (Quest helper), there was a arrow thing that was at the top of the screen, and underneth the arrow it said how many yards to go for the nearest quest.

I load up my game today after a while of not playing, updated all the addons

and this doesnt seem to exist anymore....

can anyone tell me how to get this arrow thing back...because i wanna level my dk, but theres no way im doing it without quest helper.




Yes, it used to come with QH and back when QH was reliable (before the expansion and the last big patch) it came up when you played. But it became very hit or miss and I found I could only get it back briefly by resetting QH (if you type /QH you'll get a whole list of options). I got weary of that so went to Carbonite which is more reliable and very good once you get used to it. And it has an arrow too, a different sort of arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment