Saturday, April 21, 2012

How Do I Allocate Memory To Addons?

I have been installing some new addons recently, and all of the addons have been working fine, until I tried to install "atlasloot enhanced". I am sure that I placed it in the correct folder, while WoW was not running. However, it did not register at all on the in-game addons page, nor was it visible in-game.

After some trial and error, I figured out that only the addons that require a larger amount of memory would not register. I have a mac, but I know for a fact it has plenty of memory. So, my questions are:

1) Am I correct in thinking that this is a memory allocation problem?

2) How do I fix it?|||You don't allocate memory on OS X. Nor to addons. They take what's available. ASsuming you have at least 1g of RAM, that's not your issue.

Some addons have folders within the main folder since the addon is actually made up of 2 or more components. So you'll have a structure like this:

Addon

---Addon component 1

---Addon component 2

---Addon component 3

In that case you open up the Addon folder and copy the components to the Interface/Addons folder.

basically, if you see .lua files in the folder THAT'S the folder you need. If you see other folders and nothing else within the folder, you need those folders.|||awhile ago players had to adjust their UI Memory in the AddOns menu the more mods you had the higher the number, but most hardcore mod users just set it to 0 for unlimited and in the end blizz removed this feature and all mods will load just fine.

If your having a issue with memory and mods then id suggest you get more RAM.

If the issue is incorrect installation the make sure that all mods are installed into your World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment