Saturday, April 21, 2012

UI Customization and no Photoshop

So I just got back from a brief/minor/suntanned 1 month vacation in Hawaii, and started to finish up my UI that I was working on. While In hawaii I was able to come up with some drawings that I want to incorporate into the textures for my UI. I was using a Trial demo of Photoshop before to create the textures but since leaving and comming back it seems the trial has ended. And I seem to be sol on getting my drawings into my UI.

So what I am wondering is if any has or knows of a cheap or free equivalent of photoshop that I can use.

I browsed around and found a program called Twisted Brush Open Studio but can't seem to figure out how to create the alpha channel in it. So if anyone has experience with it any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.|||I use Paint Shop Pro, it used to be free, but i think Corel bought it and decided to charge for it.

If you can find an older version (7 or older) it might still be free.

Its a lot lighter weight than photoshop, (memory? OM NOM NOM) and the UI is very similar, i use it mainly for creating rainmeter skins and textures for mods and 3d models...

I use it on a laptop, 3gb ram, nvidia 256mb 8400M GS (m = mobile), and a 7200rpm hdd, it loads very fast and is very light on resources compared to some.

It may even be worth paying for depending on how often you use it, and if you can afford it, then definitely go for it.

I hope that helps you some.|||Try GIMP, it's has most of the features of Photoshop, and since it is open source it is free. You can find it at http://www.gimp.org/|||Depending on what else you want to do, it might even be worthwhile to try and dig up a copy of, say, Photoshop7 and purchase that one.|||Quote:








Depending on what else you want to do, it might even be worthwhile to try and dig up a copy of, say, Photoshop7 and purchase that one.




Preposterous !!

Actually buying software...|||+1 on GIMP.

No comments:

Post a Comment