Thursday, April 19, 2012

Raid Addons



So, as of now I have very few addons- simply because once I start getting addons, I can't stop....I may look for a simple damage meter, and by the end of it I have 20 addons, and half of them are pointless!

As I start moving up to end level raiding, I feel I should be equipped with all the proper addons. As a tank, I feel this is even more my job, since I am often required to lead groups through heroics, and so forth.

I'm currently running -

*Deadly Boss Mod

*Omen

*Recount

...and that's it...I know...sad.

Are there additional addons that every raider and raid leader should have?

Also, is there an addon that allows easy targeting of mobs? As a new leader I find this is the most difficult task- to quickly go through the menu and mark which mobs I want (especially in instances where there are waves of mobs, and you're on a timer).

What would you recommend for a newbie raider? :D|||Quote:










So, as of now I have very few addons- simply because once I start getting addons, I can't stop....I may look for a simple damage meter, and by the end of it I have 20 addons, and half of them are pointless!

As I start moving up to end level raiding, I feel I should be equipped with all the proper addons. As a tank, I feel this is even more my job, since I am often required to lead groups through heroics, and so forth.

I'm currently running -

*Deadly Boss Mod

*Omen

*Recount

...and that's it...I know...sad.

Are there additional addons that every raider and raid leader should have?

Also, is there an addon that allows easy targeting of mobs? As a new leader I find this is the most difficult task- to quickly go through the menu and mark which mobs I want (especially in instances where there are waves of mobs, and you're on a timer).

What would you recommend for a newbie raider? :D




I think that the three you have listed are plenty.

People in the raid will want class-specific mods.....But the ones you have listed are the primary set for everyone I think.|||unfortunately the targeting you'll have to do your self, you can make a macro to make placing raid icon easier though.

those mods are pretty much all you need to lead Raids, you might wanna look into getting the DBM 5man instance plugin though :D|||try

/script SetRaidTarget(”target”,8);

Will mark the target with a skull

Read more on raid targets on wow wiki

http://www.wowwiki.com/Raid_target_i...ing_convention|||There is an addon my brother swears by for tanking called markbar (i think). Think you just click on the mob then click the icon on the bar to mark it. Simples.|||tikki -

I've not played a tank, but the 3 you have are fine. There are others that you might find useful, depending:

1) If you want to log a raid for uploading to WoWWebstats so you can do post-raid analysis get Loggerhead which automatically turns logging on and off as you enter raids.

2) If you want to use a timer mod for your cooldowns or for effects on the mob something like Dotimer or Classtimer (I use CT).

3) A combat text mod. Combat text can be useful to see that something's procced so you can use other abilities that take advantage of that proc... beyond that I'd not worry. There's builtin combat text and there are two addons to further tweak it - Scrolling Combat Text and Mik's. Both give you the ability to refine the settings of the combat text.

Beyond what you have everything else is UI driven. I like a different unitframes and buttons that the Blizzard UI so I use Dominoes and ag_Unitframes, but that's not driven by raiding. Same with Prat, a nice chat addon.|||Thank you for the input guys :D

It's good to know I'm not a complete nub! I suppose I should really research class specific addons! They may help me out.

I'm thinking about dabbling again with my interface. Has anyone seen any good interface for prot warriors? Not that interfaces are really class specific, it's more personal taste, but it would be interesting to see some to get ideas.

Also, Wiglet, I'm going to look for that addon!! :) thank you!|||Haha tanking Tikki :)

Good advice from the guys above. Nothing to add.|||Quote:








There is an addon my brother swears by for tanking called markbar (i think). Think you just click on the mob then click the icon on the bar to mark it. Simples.




I'm trying to figure out how this is easier than right clicking on the targeted mob and setting an icon.|||What i am currently using is the following:

Recount

Omen

DBM

TankWarnings (broadcasts into a raid warning when you use your oh crap buttons, as well as when taunts miss).

Quickmark (gives you a bar with your marks)

Miks Scrolling Battle Text (fully customizable, i have it set so everything scrolls off the side and i can see whats going on in the center.

i really like the interface called nUI but i cant get the buffs/debuffs/hotbars big enough for me to see reliably.

But yeah thats all i run on my warrior for tanking, i use class specific addons for my other toons though.

No comments:

Post a Comment