Thursday, April 19, 2012

Out of date mods and chat problems

Let me preface this by saying I read the FAQ...and I'm really hoping this is the right spot for it. I'll try to make things as clear as possible, but if you need to ask me anything in order to help me, ask away, and I'll try to answer.

I've used mods for years...but I'm just that, a user, I can install, and configure, but THAT'S it.

Ever since 3.1, I've had a problem where if I load out of date mods (I have a tough time living without Baggins...and there doesn't seem to be an update coming ), my general chat disappears. I get no general, no spatial, no NOTHING. When I had ForgottenChat, I could get tells, but that was the onyl way I could communicate.

WHAT on earth could be wrong? I don't know what info you need...I think I've seen that posting a list of installed/active mods is common, but I'm not sure how to do that without a ton of typing.

Hopefully someone can help, like I said, any info you need, let me know. If you DO need any mod/errors lists, let me know the easiest way to generate those.

Thanks in advance.|||If its any help Deadly Boss Mods was the cause of my whispers disappearing.

Just screenshot your addons folder and post it up, saves your fingers|||with 3.1 alot of had to make alot of changes id seriously suggest deleting your Interface and WTF folders, log into WoW to recreate them then exit and download and install your addons again.|||Don't have DBM...I was using BIgWigs, but it's disabled.

I'd totally ss my folder, but a TON of them are not currently active, so it might be more info than neccesary, and make things together.

I killed my wtf folder already, I'll try the interface folder next.

*sigh*

Thanks guys. If anyone else has any idea, let me know.|||Ah well in that case as Lothaer says, maybe now is the time to have a spring clean of your addons.

No comments:

Post a Comment