Thursday, April 19, 2012

Still trouble with Recount

I posted a few months back about "Recount" add on.

I still haven't been able to get it working. The only addon I currently run is Auctioneer but have used Omen and DBM in the past.

When I start up WOW, before I login, I can check "add ons" menu and it shows Recount to be running. I recently downloaded the newest version to try it again. Since I've never run Recount, I don't really know what I'm looking for but I get no "box", no nothing. I've tried using the commands "/recount show" as well as any version of that.

One of my guild mates mentioned going into the game interface and checking the addon tab. It seems that my "Interface" is different than anyone else I've talked to. I have the main WOW and all expansions so it should be the same I suppose.

In my "Interface", my first option in the box is controls. Everyone else I've talked to says they have "addons" above the controls option.

Are there any suggestions to find out why I don't have the "addons" option in the Interface window? Could a game GM help?

Thanks in advance|||On the character selection screen you have an addons button. If you see Recount in there at least you know it's installed correctly.

Then when you're long into the character, you should be able to type /recount show to show the recount window.|||You do have the add-on page in your interface options but you're being a little blind.

Step by Step instructions:

1) Log into wow and enter log on to your char.

2) Press escape

3) Click the button that says "interface"

4) See the list on the left that says "Controls, Combat, Display, Quests" etc... ignore that list... it's not there.

5) Look above the word "Controls" and see the "Game" tab... look to the right of the "Game" tab and there should be an "Addons" tab.

Taaadaaaaaa!!!!!!|||Quote:








You do have the add-on page in your interface options but you're being a little blind.

Step by Step instructions:

1) Log into wow and enter log on to your char.

2) Press escape

3) Click the button that says "interface"

4) See the list on the left that says "Controls, Combat, Display, Quests" etc... ignore that list... it's not there.

5) Look above the word "Controls" and see the "Game" tab... look to the right of the "Game" tab and there should be an "Addons" tab.

Taaadaaaaaa!!!!!!




Sorry so long in replying to this...Can get this site only sometimes from work and now when I try to get here from home, I get something that tells me to click another link for incgamers etc...I accidentally clicked it one time and now am screwed there.

Anyway. Controls if my first option. I don't have a "Game" tab and no "add on" tab to the right of it.|||Quote:








Sorry so long in replying to this...Can get this site only sometimes from work and now when I try to get here from home, I get something that tells me to click another link for incgamers etc...I accidentally clicked it one time and now am screwed there.

Anyway. Controls if my first option. I don't have a "Game" tab and no "add on" tab to the right of it.




Then you have the addons installed in the wrong place or the addons you have installed don't use the built in addon option menu in the WoW interface.

Lets do this through screenshots.

1) My char with no addons install:



2) My char with addons :





You could also try this:

Q: I don't see Recount after installing, what to do?

A: /recount show, then /recount resetpos. If this doesn't help delete all (there are more than one) Recount.lua files in your WTF directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment