Saturday, April 21, 2012

Addon to more clearly designate target?

hello,

i did some searches on curse gaming looking for an addon that would highlight or otherwise designate a your main target in a group of targets more clearly. Primarily, I would like this addon for PvP/BG use so that I can be clear who I am shooting at in the heat of the battle.

Even a red, square box around the target would be great, but I have not yet seen any addons that will do that.

Please reply w/any addons you have found which might help.

thanks!|||have you tried setting a Raid Target?|||there are plenty of addons out there that allow you to quickly set raid icons in battle (not that its really needed since you can set key bindings for all the raid target icons)|||i have used raid icons in instances, but never in BGs, is there an easy way to set up my TAB key so that when i switch targets w/the tab key, the Skull Icon (for ex) moves to what ever target I have tabbed to?

If so, please recommend an addon if you have one you like that would do this.

note: a quick check of curse w/searches on "raid icon" and "target" didnt bring up anything useful. also, would this work for me in a battleground if I was in a party where I was not the group leader?

I dont have to use raid icons if they are too difficult to apply, any sort of icon, or red outline frame, or circle, or changing the color of the enemy player select to red/blue, purple, anything to make the selected target more obvious would be great.

also, if I will be making a macro mapped to the 'tab' key,is there any way to prevent me targeting pets unless i actually left click on them?|||You have to be raid leader or officer to be bale to use raid icons.

There are no other ways of marking than raid icons. PERIOD.|||yep,

that's what i thought, so are there any other alternatives for more clearly marking a target in a BG?|||No. Blizzard does not provide a way for addons to draw things in the "3D world". An addon can't even find out where your target is on the screen, so it can't highlight the target in any way.|||well if you tell your team to follow your target then they can just press the assist hotkey (defult F) to attack the same target as you. alternatively you could make a macro which says in chat something like "I am attacking [insert player name here]" when you use the starting skill in your damage rotation. the rest of the players could then tab through targets to get to your target, but by then most likely, either you or your target will be dead so there's no point.

I guess this is blizzards way of stopping spiking matches like you get in guildwars (trying to kill a spike team with another spike team = nightmare)

No comments:

Post a Comment