Saturday, April 21, 2012

Inventory Lock Addon

I'm not sure this addon exists, and to be honest it shouldn't exist at all... but I'm an idiot and something like that I would find really useful.

I have a bad habit of switching my gear for fishing or wearing silly hats for no good reason when I'm not really playing the game, etc... and then I forget I switched it and sell my really good gear w/o thinking about it. I thought I did it last night with my helm when I realized it wasn't equipped but it was a false alarm and the helm was just in my bag. But I did do this before with and sold a really sweet staff that I had and didn't realize it till I went into battle with a fishing pole!!

So.... there a mod that lets you set a lock on equipment so that you don't accidentally sell important stuff?|||Just do what I do.

When I'm taking off important things, or keeping extra gear that I need in my bags, I keep it in the very last place in my bags (by that I mean, when the bags fill up, these would be that last spots filled). A place where it could not have got on its own. They are known in my head as the "do not sell" spots.|||I saw that ArkInventory has the options to create categories. I'm wondering if it's possible to create a category for 'sellables' and another for 'equipment' and go from there....|||I use the categories in ArkInventory to do this. I've got one category for "Equipment (Soulbound)" and another category for "Equipment (Non-Soulbound)".

If you use both AI and an outfit mod (Outfitter and ItemRack are the 2 I've personally checked this with, and it should also work for ClosetGnome), you can even make a special rule in AI that will let you put "Items that are part of Outfits" to a category. (use the "Rules" system, make the rule text "outfit()", then assign that rule to a category).

This works fairly well - since doing it, I've managed to not sell any of my Naxx epics or Heroic blues from whichever set I'm not using (I have to swap between Shadow DPS and Holy Healing regularly - damn those healers who don't show up on raid nights!).

No comments:

Post a Comment