Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trouble with Recount

I've been trying to get the addon Recount to work for a couple of weeks. I've installed previous addons so I think I know how to do it but it just isn't working.

What am I doing?

I go to curse and download the add on.

Unzip the file

Place the file in the add on folder

Load WOW

and I get nothing

There seem to be several versions of Recount so I've downloaded both versions and put them in Add On folder at the same time...I've done one at a time...I've left them in the original folders (Recount inside of a folder) and w/o the original folder...

Is there anyone that could tell me which version I should get or do I need both?

I've tried logging in and using /show recount.../show recount2 and all I get is the msg to use the help command.

I've seen comments on the add on that many can't get it to work but it seems everyone I am with has a working version.

I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly but I have no idea what.

The FAQ section of this board says I can go to the add on button to see if it's running but i don't know where the add on button is.

*Edit* I found the add on screen at login and it shows both Recount and Recount2 loaded but I still can't figure out how to use the add on.

Any help is appreciated.|||/recount

does that work?|||It's really no tribble at all...|||Recount2 was a abandoned project you need to use Recount not Recount2.|||Assuming it's loaded (checked, not marked as Out of Date or, if it is, Load out of Date addons is checked)...

/recount show will show the UI.|||Just get rid of Recount2, and type "/recount show".|||Quote:








/recount

does that work?




Thanks for all the help but I still have nothing...

when I type /recount or /recount show, I get this message

"type /help for a listing of a few commands"

I finally dropped all the recount addons and redownloaded the first recount version on curse that's on the 2nd page...i turned off all other add ons

In the add on menu, I see Recount as active and current

I went in the wtf folder and deleted all recount.lua files in every char and folder in there

I typed /recount resetpos and that didnt work as suggested in the writer's comments.

Any other suggestions?|||There's a tab for addons in Options menu.

hit ESC, find Interface Options, then click on the tab that says "addons". if its there, its there. if its not... well... i'll go look at mine!|||Also, make sure to look at when the Recount addon you are downloading was updated and make sure that you have no other damage meters running as that could hinder the effectiveness of Recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment