Saturday, April 21, 2012

Focus macro

Before WotLK hit I had a macro which I really loved, and used it for 3 different spells:

/cast Banish [target=focus]

This way I would just have to set a focus target before the pulll, and it woud enable me to cast a spell (Banish, Fear, or Seduce) on the target without having to switch target mid-fight. However, since WotLK I get an error when I try to use it; it says something about not recognising the 'target=focus' bit.

A friend of mine suggested to go with /target focus and /target lasttarget, but then the target will switch to my focus while I'm casting the spell in question - I don't want that. I really prefer to be able to keep an eye on my main target, also because of the positioning of my dot bars from Dotimer (they move around if I switch targets).

So, is there any way I can fix my old macro? Bottom line is that I set a focus target, and then keep my target on the boos/skull/whatever. When I hit the button I want spell x to be targetted on my focus without me losing the boss/skull/whatever as my target. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)|||try this

#showtooltip

/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]

/focus [target=focus,noexists]

/script SetRaidTarget("focus", 1)

/cast [target=focus]Polymorph

/stopmacro [nogroup]

/s --== Sheeping and Marking "%f" ==--|||I never really use focus macros, but I was under the impression that the targeting command came before the spell. So you would want something like:

/cast [target=focus] Banish

Don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot.|||Lothaer, please explain that macro - it makes no sense to me. What does show tooltip mean? And why should I clear focus first? And stopmacro.. and %f.. que?


Quote:








try this

#showtooltip

/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]

/focus [target=focus,noexists]

/script SetRaidTarget("focus", 1)

/cast [target=focus]Polymorph

/stopmacro [nogroup]

/s --== Sheeping and Marking "%f" ==--




That bolded bit looks like what Superspam said.. wouldn't that be sufficient? Or am I just thinking too simplistic?|||Full Polymorph/Focus Macro

This polymorph macro will do the following:

1. Clear your focus if your old focus target is dead

2. Clear your focus if your old focus target doesn't exist anymore

3. Set your focus on what you have targeted if you don't have a focus already

4. Place a Star marker over the head of the focus target (if you are group/raid leader/assistant)

5. Polymorph the Focus target

6. Announce the sheeping.

This allows one button to do the whole sheeping process without the need for a separate /clearfocus button (though an additional macro that does a /script SetRaidTarget("focus",0) and then a /clearfocus would be useful to let the group know the sheep is free game now might be useful)

No comments:

Post a Comment