Thursday, April 19, 2012

Move general chat/combat log window?

Is there any way you can move the Blizzard general chat/combat log window? On my hunter, it's annoyed me for a long time that because I have two left bottom action bars enabled plus the pet's action bar, it's impossible to read the bottom two lines of it until they move upwards because something's added. I looked through all the interface settings, thought that 'unlock window' might work, but it didn't. I'd like, if I could, to move it fractionally upwards, but can't figure out how. Failing that, any other suggestions? Thanks.|||if you unlock it, like you suggested, you can click and drag on the tab that says General and move the box

If you are inable to do that, it's probably a mod conflict at that point, just turn the mods off, move the chatbox, turn them back on.|||Quote:








if you unlock it, like you suggested, you can click and drag on the tab that says General and move the box

If you are inable to do that, it's probably a mod conflict at that point, just turn the mods off, move the chatbox, turn them back on.




Thanks very much. I did try dragging on the body of the window, not the tab. I'll try that now and if it fails, try disabling all the mods.|||You don't even have to go into the interface menu to unlock and lock it, you can just right click on the tab and select lock/unlock (whichever you need). You can then click and hold on the tab and move it. You can also seperate the tabs, create new tabs, resize it, change font size etc.|||Quote:








You don't even have to go into the interface menu to unlock and lock it, you can just right click on the tab and select lock/unlock (whichever you need). You can then click and hold on the tab and move it. You can also seperate the tabs, create new tabs, resize it, change font size etc.




When I unlocked the window and couldn't move it, thought I needed the Interface menu to look for something special. What I didn't realise is you use the tab to move it. Once I tried that (and not the window itself) there was no problem. I knew about font size and whatnot, most of the other things available, but was sort of looking for something that said 'to move chat window'. All sorted now, though, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment